Improve Reputation with Google My Business 5-Star Reviews
SEO is one of the essential tools of Inbound Marketing and is strategic to improving online reputation.
The ultimate goal of inbound marketing is to tell the company using digital tools, to create interaction, and stimulate dialogue and comparison between interested users. Other channels to build and promote web reputation, besides SEO, can be social networks, blogs, webinars, e-books, and newsletters. Cosmic Web Marketing is a leading Digital Marketing Agency for Businesses with extensive experience in positioning for Google My Business.
Thanks to this method, customers will not only be able to easily find the product or service but will also recognize themselves in the values of a particular brand, gaining loyalty. It goes without saying that a good reputation and brand awareness are now essential if we want to ensure steady economic development for our business.
Google reviews can do wonders for your business. Just by improving your Google My Business rating, they can increase credibility, and reputation and prove that you are as strong as you say you are. Who wouldn’t like that?
Google My Business is a free tool that allows your business to promote itself on the search engine and Google Maps. You can create your card to provide your customers with a variety of information: contact details, opening hours, photos, videos, and, of course, reviews.
Google reviews: what to include in the application e-mail
Personalize your message: Make your customer feel special. Formal, boring emails have been stewed frankly. They’re all the same. Especially those that start with “Dear Customer…”
Personalize your email by including at least their name and, if possible, mentioning the product or service they used. Remember to keep your tone informal when asking for a review.
Don’t be too long-winded
The most important thing when asking a customer for a Google review is: to be concise, simple, and get to the point.
The email should thank you, mention why you are asking for a review, explain how to leave a review on Google, and let people know how long it takes.
Include a direct link
You can easily generate a direct link that will take your customer to a Google page where the form will automatically appear.
Beyond email: other ways to get customer reviews on Google
Emails are the best way to connect with customers and get feedback, but there are other methods to get customer reviews on Google:
- Over the phone: are you talking to a customer on the phone? If it seems appropriate, mention your review request at the end of the conversation and let them know they can email a link if they agree.
- Card inside the package: if your company ships to your home address, you might consider inserting a card inside the package with the review request: here, together, or as an alternative to the link, you can insert a QR code with the direct link to the review page.
Highlight on your website: add your Google review link in the footer of your website or on the testimonial page.
Write reviews on Google
Did you have a great meal at a restaurant? Do you have suggestions on how a business could improve? These are perfect reasons to leave a review on Google.
Even if you haven’t had a positive experience with a business, remember to use courtesy when leaving online reviews. If you have a serious complaint, it’s best to contact the company directly.
You will be faced with a screen like this one, where you just need to click on the “Write a review” button, and a pop-up window will open containing a form where you can leave a review in a few seconds, not only a textual judgment, but you can also attach one or more photos and give a rating from 1 to 5 stars.
How to respond to Google reviews
- If you are an entrepreneur and you have your card on Google, you should do your best to collect as many reviews as possible, but not all of them will be positive, we know that from the beginning.
- It is important to always maintain a professional, determined and determined approach without transcending. Even the most dissatisfied customer can change their mind with an appropriate response.
- In case of a negative review, do not respond immediately. Emotions and lack of clarity are the enemies of your business. We often act impulsively creating more damage than a simple Google review.
- Carefully assess the situation: we are in the Internet age and customers have a lot of power online, if you react to a negative review without thinking about it, you will only agree with your angry customer.
- An unhappy customer for a product or service that is immediately responded to will only amplify that feeling, spreading it throughout your business. So, as the English say, “Keep calm and carry on.”
- Don’t get upset when it comes to responding to a negative review: having a well-tested logical procedure before clicking “reply” is the right way to approach criticism.
- A bad habit is to respond privately to the user who left a negative review. You should respond on the platform he or she used to leave the review. Responding publicly to negative reviews shows customers and potential customers that you care about their opinion, that you are attentive and responsive, and that you welcome their suggestions for improvement.
- Finally, whether you are right or wrong, apologize to your customer: this may seem wrong, but it makes you a human being and not a cold businessman who only cares about numbers.
- Customers also want to know that a negative experience can somehow be resolved. So offer them a solution, propose alternatives, and demonstrate that there are other ways to solve it.
- Solving a problem for a customer is very important and can significantly reduce the attrition rate: many researchers have found that if you respond to a customer’s complaint and resolve it, they will continue to do business with you 96% of the time.