Digital Marketing with Videos
If it is true that “content is king” and content marketing is currently one of the most effective marketing approaches, the undisputed “King of Kings” is video. New studies indicate that by 2019, 80% of overall consumer internet traffic will be generated by video content. This figure, moreover, does not take into account video chats, but simply refers to the consumption of pre-recorded videos or live video streaming.
Video is one of the best ways to get attention, in content marketing, because it has great ease of use for the viewer. In addition, the video combines the three advantages of valuable content: useful, informative, and entertaining.
What is digital video marketing? It is one of the most effective content marketing tools with a growing potential. Using this medium in your marketing strategy means creating video content to promote a brand, a product, or a service, or to inform consumers and foster a relationship with them.
Why is video marketing important? It represents a very effective way to share a message and tell a brand, as it has the ability to generate a strong emotional impact on viewers, much more powerful than what can be generated with a simple text or a static image.
By harnessing its power, companies can tell stories and increase brand awareness, customer consideration, and, consequently, sales and turnover.
Understanding how to create compelling videos to get noticed now is vital, regardless of the type of business you are in. A video can help you achieve these goals:
- Communicate the corporate vision.
- Disseminate promotional messages.
- Advertise an article – video campaigns.
- Disseminate real testimonials of the use of the products you sell – opinions.
- To explain how to use a service – tutorial.
In this article, you can find out what are the current video trends, how to do video marketing for businesses, and what benefits it can bring to your digital strategy.
Video statistics and trends
Why is video so effective in marketing? We understand through numbers why for a company today it is essential to include these actions in its strategic plan. How many times have you heard “this year is the year of video”?
It could be said that in the last 2 years, the use of audiovisual content by companies and professionals has experienced an increase, with increasingly large film productions on social networks and websites. Today there are very few excellent activities that do not convey their messages even through video.
- People remember 20% of what they hear, and 30% of what they see, while 70% of something is communicated to them through sound and images together.
- 75% of people surfing the web prefer to watch a clip rather than read text.
- Global investments in online video advertising activities have grown by 23% compared to 2016, reaching a total of $27.2 billion. In the coming years, investments are expected to increase by 30%.
- Social networks have implemented their features by adding videos to expand the offer to users, just think of Instagram Stories and IGTV, Musical.ly, Facebook, YouTube, YouTube Stories, or LinkedIn.
- Every day, on social platforms, you watch video clips for a total of about 10 million hours.
- People comment on Facebook Live 10 times more than a recording.
- In terms of ROI (return on investment), through a video marketing strategy, we acquire 66% more qualified leads and get 54% better results in brand awareness, according to what is stated in the OptinMonster blog.
- For Cisco, 80% of mobile traffic will be generated by videos by 2020.
- According to Buffer, time spent watching Instagram videos is increasing by 80% year over year.
- According to a Wistia report, the use of animated movies or GIFs, within an email marketing strategy, increases the click-through rate by up to 300%.
All incredible numbers, right? Furthermore, it should be added that video content, as well as social media marketing, is a good ally in terms of marketing and search engine optimization, so the question “do videos help SEO?” The answer is yes, because their visualizations increase the average residence time on a website page or landing page, with the benefit of user experience and SEO and SEM actions.
Video marketing strategy
What is the video marketing strategy you can adopt? We have seen how to do video marketing and the platforms on which to distribute your productions, but what you need to think about beforehand is creating a video strategy.
As in all areas of digital marketing, there is no single strategic plan. It all depends on what you have to sponsor: yourselves, an event, or your business with your products and services. What do you want to show your audience?
Do you want to publish content on the blog, on social media channels, or maybe both? You should make a video marketing plan, where you allocate a budget for the creation and promotion on the platforms that you consider interesting for your potential consumers.
In addition, among the elements to be evaluated, you must decide whether to focus on emotional, informative, or more institutional videos. But much comes from your sector of reference and the type of market you are targeting.
What is a video campaign and how can I promote the content? It is about advertising through videos to spread your messages on the network, so that they can see more people in potential targets. So, in your strategy, you should also consider investing in advertising to advertise on video.
If you have published audiovisual content on static pages or articles, you can run SEM (SearchEngine Marketing) campaigns to attract qualified traffic.
In case you have revealed the videos through social networks, you should campaign on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube, taking into account all the formats compatible with the different social platforms.